Coba Ring | Gold Vermeil and Rhodium Plated Silver
Inspired by the popular antique arcade game ‘Snake’ and the later flashier version ‘Tron’, the Pixel collection is a comical reflection of our modern life. In the game, the player manoeuvres a line that grows in length. With the line itself being a primary obstacle, the player needs to chase the next ‘apple’ to get points and avoid running into itself. In reality, we all want to grow and succeed without ‘crashing ourselves’.
From start to finish, there is no break for the player. The game finishes when we crash into ourselves, and this gives the player a sense of pressure and urgency because everything is moving, and when we grow, our obstacles grow simultaneously. If we take a step back and compare the game to modern life, we can see a comical similarity between the two.
The collection uses a combination of semi-precious stone and hand-painted enamel to create an architectural and Art-Deco style of jewellery. Each piece of semi-precious stone is hand-selected by Edward and cut by our trusted craftsmen. Each enamel block is painted by hand and carefully polished by our artisans to achieve a perfect flashed finish. Edward also took inspiration from Post Modernism arts for the enamel colour, and he took references from Brutalist architecture for the structure of the jewellery, creating a truly unique and avant-garde style of jewellery.
All the pieces from the collection are made with Fairtrade or recycled precious metal, and each piece of gemstone is natural and sourced ethically. Our skilled craftsmen use century-old techniques to set each gemstone by hand to achieve the perfect finish. Our jewellery is designed to be gender non-binary and enjoyed by everyone. Dispatch within 5 days.
- 18K Rose Gold Vermeil - Sunset: 6.5x3.3mm Pear-Cut Morganite ➤
- 18K Rose Gold Vermeil - Forest: 6.5x3.3mm Pear-Cut Green Amethyst ➤
- 18K Rose Gold Vermeil - Ocean: 6.5x3.3mm Pear-Cut Aquamarine ➤
- 18K Yellow Gold Vermeil - Sahara: 6.5x3.3mm Pear-Cut White Topaz ➤
- Rhodium Plated Silver - Space: 6.5x3.3mm Pear-Cut White Topaz ➤
- Small: 15.9mm/ 50.0mm/UK-K/ US-5 1/4
- Medium: 16.7mm/ 52.5mm/ UK-M/ US-6 1/4
- Large: 17.4mm/ 55.0mm/ UK-O/ US-7 1/4
- Extra Large: 18.2mm/ 57.5mm/ UK-Q/ US-8 1/4
Find out more about the designer
EDXÚ is a London-based, independent and mindful fine jewellery brand founded by award-winning designer Edward Xú in 2020. EDXÚ is short for Edward Xú.